A membership solution 100% integrated with your content and products.
WooCommerce Memberships is not just another plugin for restricting your site’s content: it’s an easy-to-use, site-wide membership solution that brings your content, shop, and memberships together.
Memberships allows you to create an entire membership system without compiling a Frankenstein assortment of plugins.
You can restrict your content to members, but you can also drip that content to schedule when members have access. Sell access to memberships, include memberships with product purchases or manually assign memberships, and completely integrate restrictions with your store as well.
Sell or Gift Memberships
Memberships are not a specific type of WooCommerce product; instead, membership plans are created independently from products. This lets you determine how access is granted for maximum flexibility. You can assign 0 or more products (of almost any type) to a membership plan to support several types of memberships:
- sell a membership as stand-alone product — create a product for the membership, then tie the plan to that product to sell it
- grant access to a membership as part of a product purchase — i.e., buy a subscription for a meal box, get access to the recipes section for free
- grant access to the same membership from several products (i.e., a yearly purchase or a monthly subscription)
- assign memberships manually for an invite-only members area
Strategically Grant Content Access
You put a lot of work into your members-only content, so Memberships lets you schedule when your members should have access to it. You can drip content, which means that you can schedule when members should have access to your content. For example, you can require that customers be a member for a week before they can access certain posts or pages.
This gives you more control over how members begin using your site and lets you introduce members to your content at your pace.
When you use this with Subscriptions, you can even determine which content is included in a free trial period with content dripping rules.
Turn Your Store into a Purchasing Club
Memberships lets you create members-only products so that your site can become a purchasing club, or let you offer certain products exclusively to members.
You can restrict product viewing to members, which means these products will be hidden from non-members in your shop. You can also restrict purchasing, which means that products are public, but only members can buy them.
You can also drip product access so that members don’t get access to products immediately.
Reward Members with Special Discounts
Since you may want to give your members certain perks, you can provide member discounts for all products, some products, or certain product categories.
Automatically Show Members Their Perks – NEW
While membership management should be easy on you, it should be easy on your members, too. Members can find all of the information they need about their memberships in the Member Area. Members can access the area for any membership from the “My Account” page by clicking “View”.
You can enable any or all sections of the member area to show members a list of accessible content (post and pages), products, discounts, and / or public membership notes. If a member will have access to content in the future, the member can see the access date as well.
Flexible Content Restriction
Memberships can be used with almost any plugin that generates content on your site to restrict access to that content. For example, you can restrict WooCommerce Bookings products to only let members book time blocks (great for private coaching!).
Simplify Communication with Members
While setting up plans and restricting content easily is great, that’s not what you spend most of your time doing. When you run a membership site, you spend a lot of time on customer service and managing members. We’ve tried to make that as easy as possible with Memberships.
Most plugins will show you member data, but they don’t give you the ability to add your own data and information about members. We’ve added “Membership Notes” so that you can track information about memberships for a customer, add your own notes for your reference, and even easily communicate with a particular member by sharing a note with them via email.
Memberships + Subscriptions
Memberships is fully functional as a stand-alone membership solution, but it integrates tightly with the most advanced eCommerce recurring payments solution available: WooCommerce Subscriptions.
When both plugins are active, Memberships can leverage some features of Subscriptions to give you more flexibility over membership billing (more details in our documentation):
- Memberships can use recurring billing (i.e., monthly payments) for the membership rather than a set term (such as a year)
- Free trials can be used for the membership via a subscription
- Content restriction and dripping can include or exclude free trial periods so you control what content is available in trials
- Members can pause their own memberships by suspending a subscription
- Members can upgrade or downgrade memberships by switching a subscription
- Upgrades and downgrades can leverage Subscription’s proration to ensure that membership costs are accurate
Even if you don’t want to use recurring billing, you can leverage the other features of Subscriptions by setting the subscription length to one billing cycle so you can take advantage of upgrades and downgrades or trial periods.
How to Get Started
Ready to create memberships for your customers? You can get going with these steps:
- Buy this extension
- Download and install Memberships in your WooCommerce store
- Create your Membership Plans and Members
- Check out our extensive documentation for any advanced setup help
- That’s it! Sit back and enjoy your fully integrated membership site!