The consumers of today are more diligent and do their research before making a purchase online. They want to read what other people have to say about a product or service before pulling out their wallet.
79% of consumers trust online reviews as much as personal recommendations (source BrightLocal) and many won’t purchase something unless they read a 3rd-party review.
Without a review system on your website, you’re losing sales.
- User reviews are proven to drive sales and increase conversions
- Increases search engine organic click-thru rates
- User-generated content exponentially helps build SEO-rich content for your website
- Creates a channel for constructive criticism and suggestions of your products
- Reduction in complaints and returns as reviews answer questions not always included in product descriptions
- Built with WordPress best practices – uses a custom comment type
- Moderate, spam, or delete reviews just like comments
- Require users to be logged in before submitting a review
- Works in tandem with the native WordPress comment system (requires minor code & css edits)
- Basic styles provided to allow flexibility with other themes
- Includes form validation to prevent blank submissions
- Includes Google rich snippet data for stellar SEO results
- Ability to close reviews anytime on individual pages/posts.
As you can see, adding a professional review and rating system to your WordPress website can yield significant benefits. What are you waiting for? Get your own review system up-and-running today!
Critic was originally built to fill a need in our Marketplace (no other quality plugin existed). Each item needed customer reviews so sellers could receive feedback and potential customers could feel confident with their purchase.
Our goal was to make it as seamless with WordPress as possible. We did this by creating a custom comment type (no additional database tables, etc) which leverages existing comment-like functionality.
After successfully using it since January 2013, we felt it was time to share it with the world so others could benefit from it too. Hope you enjoy it!